National Apprenticeship Week
10-16 February 2025
An inclusive observance week to advance the role of Australian Apprenticeships.
Apprentices and trainees are the driving strength behind the country’s skilled workforce.
National Apprenticeship Week has been celebrated internationally in the United States and the UK for well over a decade. It’s never been a better time to throw the spotlight on the achievements of Australian apprentices and trainees, the employers that support their development, and the array of industry stakeholders who advocate on their behalf.
Celebrating National Apprenticeship Week Australia
National Apprenticeship Week Australia Objectives
The strategic objectives of National Apprenticeship Week Australia (NAWA) are to:
- Advance the prominence and positioning of Australian Apprenticeships as an attractive and equal tertiary education pathway
- Keep Australian Apprenticeships on the national agenda to secure continued industry and government support
- Showcase the employers investing in, and benefitting from, apprenticeships in their workplace
- Foster creative and critical thinking about how Australian Apprenticeships look now and into the future
- Create greater awareness about apprenticeship and traineeship careers by busting myths, misconceptions and stereotypes
- Inspire the next generation to take up an Australian Apprenticeship
We Stand Up for Trade Apprenticeships
MIGAS Apprentices & Trainees specialises in employing and placing Australian Apprentices in the traditional trades workforce and related industries, helping them start an apprenticeship. We partner with some of Australia’s best known and largest brands, small, medium and family-owned businesses to provide exceptional apprentice and trainee talent.
As an innovative and commercial not-for-profit organisation, our reason for being is to support business and industry’s investment in the Australian Apprenticeship workforce. Launching National Apprenticeship Week in Australia reflects that commitment.
Our approach is to provide holistic support and guidance for all apprentices and trainees, promoting productive and safe behaviours with a strong work ethic. This enables us to build competent, capable, safe and skilled apprentices together with our national network of host employers.
National Apprenticeship Week will next be held in Australia from 10 to 16 February 2025.