Grab Wage Subsidy Benefits Before They Expire!
What You Need to Know:
- Right Now: You can get money back every 3 months for hiring an apprentice. This could add up to $1500 in the first half of 2024.
- Extra Bonus: Your apprentice could get $5,000 over two years, making it easier for you to attract smart and skilled people.
- Hurry Up! This deal ends in June 2024. After that, the money back offer changes.
Why Start Early?
- More Savings: Get more money back the sooner you start.
- Better Talent: With the extra bonus, the best apprentices will want to work for you.
What Happens After June 2024?
- One-Time Offer: You'll only get a one-time payment, not the regular money back like now.
- Less Appeal: With lower payments ($3000 instead of $5000), it might be harder to find great apprentices.
This financial aid from the Australian Government is designed to assist with the cost of training and retaining an apprentice. Phase 1 of the Australian Apprenticeships Incentive System runs until 30 June 2024.
Do I Qualify for an Employer Wage Subsidy?
If you're looking to hire an electrical apprentice, mechanical apprentice, or engineering apprentice, you will be eligible for this wage subsidy.
MIGAS can help you find (and keep) an exceptional apprentice. We offer high-quality recruitment with rigorous pre-employment screening, aptitude testing, and facilitated assessment centres (if required). Avoid wage mistakes by hiring your apprentice through MIGAS. We sift through complex award rates to ensure your apprentices are paid the right amount.
Talk to us about your apprentice needs today.
Here's a comprehensive list of apprenticeship types that will attract apprenticeship wage subsidies in Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia and Western Australia:
- Electrical Apprenticeship (Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician)
- Air-conditioning and Refrigeration Apprenticeship (Certificate III in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration)
- Auto Electrical Apprenticeship (Certificate III in Automotive Electrical Technology)
- Electrical Fitter Apprenticeship (Certificate III in Electrical Fitting)
Automotive and Mechanical Apprenticeships
- Marine Mechanical Apprenticeship (Certificate III in Marine Mechanical Technology)
- Light Vehicle Apprenticeship (Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology)
- Heavy Vehicle Mechanical Apprenticeship (Certificate III in Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology)
- Mobile Plant Apprenticeship (Certificate III in Mobile Plant Technology)
- Spray Painting Apprenticeship (Certificate III in Automotive Refinishing Technology)
- Mechanical Trade Apprenticeship (Certificate III in Engineering - Mechanical Trade)
Metal and Engineering Apprenticeships
- Sheet Metal Fabricator Apprenticeship (Certificate III in Engineering - Fabrication Trade)
- Higher Engineering Apprenticeship (Certificate IV in Engineering)
- Carpentry Apprenticeship (Certificate III in Carpentry)
- Plumbing Apprenticeship (Certificate III in Plumbing)
- Gas Fitting Apprenticeship (Certificate III in Gas Fitting)
- Bricklaying Apprenticeship (Certificate III in Bricklaying and Blocklaying)
The complete list of priority vocations is available on the Australian Government Department of Employment and Workplace Relations website.
What Else Could I Be Eligible for as an Employer?
Employers of apprentices pursuing a qualification in a discipline that does not fall within the Australian Apprenticeships Priority List will also be eligible to take advantage of a Hiring Incentive. Payments depend upon meeting the qualifying requirements outlined in the Incentives System Guidelines.
What Financial Incentives Can My Apprentices Get?
In addition, apprentices in priority occupations will be paid directly for commencing their apprenticeship. This incentive is set at $1,250, paid every six months for the first two years of an apprenticeship, up to a maximum of $5,000 for full-time apprentices.
Hire an Apprentice in Australia
You can get assistance finding (and keeping) a top-notch apprentice from MIGAS Apprentices & Trainees. We provide high quality hiring services that include thorough pre-employment screening, and aptitude testing, as well as group assessment centres if needed.
Contact us about your apprentice needs today.