BHP is a world-leading resources company, extracting and processing minerals, oil and gas worldwide. BMC is owned by BHP (80 per cent) and Mitsui and Co (20 per cent) and operates two open-cut metallurgical coal mines in the Bowen Basin – South Walker Creek Mine and Poitrel Mine.
South Walker Creek Mine is located on the eastern flank of the Bowen Basin, 35 kilometres west of the town of Nebo and 132 kilometres west of the Hay Point port facilities. Poitrel Mine is situated southeast of the town of Moranbah and began open-cut operations in October 2006.
BMC is offering several Apprenticeship and Traineeship opportunities across Poitrel Mine and South Walker Creek Mine. So if you are looking to start your career in the mining industry and are passionate and committed to being part of Australia’s largest coal producer, this could be for you.
Each apprentice and trainee receives:
- Experience in a world-class organisation with first class facilities;
- On-the-job training and support from highly skilled and experienced tradespeople at BMC;
- Round the clock support from a dedicated mentor;
- Access to obtain a yearly MIGAS Scholarship to fund further skill development;
- A structured training program through a Registered Training Provider;
- And more
This intake will be offering multiple positions across the following roles:
- Tyre Fitting Traineeship
- Auto Electrical Apprenticeship
- Electrical Apprenticeship
- Mobile Plant Mechanic (Diesel Fitter)