National Apprenticeship Week 2022 (NAW) in Australia is an initiative of MIGAS Apprentices & Trainees.
It’s an inclusive observance week designed to advance the role of Australian Apprenticeships which are the driving strength behind the country’s skilled workforce.
NAW has been celebrated internationally in the United States and the UK for well over a decade. So, it’s never been a better time to throw the spotlight on the achievements of Australian apprentices and trainees, the employers that support their development and the array of industry stakeholders who advocate on their behalf.
The NAW 2022 theme is, “Apprenticeships for a new generation”. The theme acknowledges the incredible growth in uptake of apprenticeships in Australia, and the broad and contemporary training disciplines available to brand new cohorts of school leavers and mature age students who know that a bright future begins with an apprenticeship.
The overarching objectives of National Apprenticeship Week are to:
- Advance the prominence and positioning of Australian Apprenticeships as an attractive and equal tertiary education pathway
- Create greater awareness about apprenticeship and traineeship careers by busting myths, misconceptions and stereotypes
- Keep Australian Apprenticeships on the national agenda to secure continued industry and government support
- Promote the importance and value of diversity, equal access, and participation in apprenticeships and traineeships
- Foster creative and critical thinking about how Australian Apprenticeships look now and into the future
- Showcase the employers investing in, and benefitting from, apprenticeships in their workplace
We stand up for trade apprenticeships
MIGAS Apprentices & Trainees specialises in employing and placing Australian Apprentices in the traditional trades workforce and related industries. We partner with some of Australia’s best known and largest brands, small, medium and family-owned businesses to provide exceptional apprentice and trainee talent.
As an innovative and commercial not-for-profit organisation, our reason for being is to support business and industry’s investment in the Australian apprenticeship workforce.
Our approach is to provide holistic support and guidance for all apprentices and trainees, promoting productive and safe behaviours with a strong work ethic. This enables us to build competent, capable, safe and skilled apprentices together with our national network of Host Employers.