Purpose and Scope
It is MIGAS Apprentices & Trainees’ policy to conduct its business in a manner that protects the health and safety of employees, others involved in its activities, customers, and the public. MIGAS will focus upon:
- Continuous improvement of its health and safety management system, in consultation with field staff
- Training and competency of our employees
- Providing mechanisms for employees to communicate and address risk
- Continuous improvement of technology and processes to mitigate health and safety risks
- Verification of performance through robust audits and communication of key outcomes
It is expected that MIGAS employees undertake responsibility for their own health and safety at work and ensure that their acts or omissions do not adversely affect the health and safety of others. Employees are to comply with any reasonable instruction regarding work health and safety policies, procedures and other directives.
MIGAS is committed the safety of our employees.
It is MIGAS policy to:
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations and apply responsible standards where laws and regulations do not exist
- Undertake appropriate reviews and evaluations of its operations to measure progress and to foster compliance with this policy in consultation with field staff
- Stress to all employees, contractors, and others working on its behalf their responsibility and accountability for safe performance whilst at work and encourage safe behaviour outside of work
- Assist employees to monitor and review effectiveness of measures to control hazards or risks to safety and health
- Provide voluntary health promotion programs designed to enhance employees’ wellbeing, productivity, and personal safety. These programs should supplement, but not interfere with, the responsibility of employees for their own health care and their relationships with personal physicians
- Provide systems for the reporting of workplace incidents and injuries
- Support the safe and early return to work of injured employees
As a staffing service provider and Group Training Organisation, MIGAS will consult with its host employers to endeavour that our employees enjoy:
- A safe and healthy workplace
- Safe systems of supervised work
- Use of plant, equipment and substances which are provided in a continually safe and operable condition.
Breaches of this Policy
Breaches of the Health and Safety Policy will be viewed as misconduct.
Updated: April 2023