A Traineeship in logistics and warehousing in an amazing opportunity to enter into a sector that services major industries across Australia.
These entry-level positions offer a career pathway where further qualifications and experience can land you in management positions.
By doing your traineeship through MIGAS, you could find yourself working in plumbing and construction supplies, retail supply chain products, heavy vehicle equipment, or chemical storage and gas. The kinds of roles you can pick from include Dispatch, Store Operations, Customer Service, and Logistics Administration.
A day on the job in a warehousing traineeship
- Catalogue and label items with storage details
- Data entry of received delivery slips, requisitions and invoices
- Complete orders by selecting goods, checking them off orders and packaging them for despatch
- Assisting customers taking delivery information and order details for accurate data entry into stock management programs
- Driving a forklift to move heavy items around the warehouse
- Counting and recording the number of items in store during stock-take
Warehousing traineeships are typically 12 months in duration. MIGAS will facilitate your practical work placement with one of our quality host employers. In addition to on-the-job training, we will assist you with enrolment through a Registered Training Organisation to complete your certification. With MIGAS you will be fully supported throughout the duration of your placement by a Field Officer and by the wider MIGAS Apprentices and Trainees community.
Create your MIGAS account to help find the right job for you CREATE AN ACCOUNT