Warehousing and Logistics Traineeship
Traineeships in Logistics and Warehousing Operations are integral to commencing a career in the supply chain logistics sector which services major industries across Australia.
These traineeships are entry-level opportunities where further qualifications and experience can lead to positions in supervision and management.
The scope of your role as a warehousing trainee will be dependent on your host employer and the industry they service. These include plumbing and construction supplies, retail supply chain products, heavy vehicle equipment, or chemical storage and gas.
There are several roles performed in these workplaces including dispatch, store operations, customer service, and logistics administration. A Warehousing and Logistics Traineeship often includes exposure to all of these areas allowing you to find your strengths and gain a holistic picture of the role you would ultimately play upon completing your qualification.
A warehousing traineeship takes approximately 2 years to complete.
A Day on the Job in Warehousing and Logistics
Work undertaken during a warehousing and logistics traineeship include:
- Catalogue and label items with storage details
- Data entry of received delivery slips, requisitions and invoices
- Complete orders by selecting goods, checking them off orders and packaging them for despatch
- Assisting customer taking delivery information and order details for accurate data entry into stock management programs
- Driving a forklift to move heavy items around the warehouse
- Counting and recording the number of items in store during stocktakes
Chris, Marisa and Blake completed their Warehousing and Logistics Traineeships with MIGAS, hosted by longstanding host partner Jaybro Group, where they are all now employed in supervisory positions.
Warehousing Trainee Skill Requirements
The sorts of skills required for a Warehousing and Logistics Traineeship include:
- Practical and manual work
- Customer focused
- Organisation and classification aptitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and work to deadlines
Find a Warehousing and Logistics Traineeship
View current Warehousing and Logistics Traineeship opportunities with MIGAS below, as well as other roles available now.