As one of Australia’s fastest moving sectors, working in IT is a great opportunity to build a rewarding career.
Your MIGAS traineeship will provide insight into every aspect of the job, allowing you to earn a wage while expanding your skill set.
Completing an IT Traineeship can provide access to a range of rewarding opportunities. It is the ideal way to gain exposure to the role and build the skills you need to succeed in the IT industry.
An IT Traineeship takes approximately 12 months to complete. During that time, MIGAS will facilitate your placement with one of the leading employers in our network.
Your host company will provide hands-on training and MIGAS will support your enrolment in a Registered Training Organisation to obtain a nationally accredited qualification.
A Day on the Job in IT
IT support and administration tasks vary based on areas of specialisation or the company with which you are undertaking your training. A typical day could include:
- Dealing with users to discuss the problems they’re experiencing and troubleshooting to provide a solution
- Walking users through the steps they need to take to repair problems with their equipment
- Solving problems with computer equipment over the phone and through remote access tools
- Upskilling by learning about new tools that allow you to solve problems more effectively
- Recording detailed information about each case, the solutions you provide and whether the problem was solved
- Maintaining hardware and networks with updates and patches
IT Trainee Skill Requirements
To be successful in an IT traineeship you will ideally have excellent:
- Communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Learning and adaptability
MIGAS IT Trainee, Brenden (R), receiving a completion recognition award from his supervisor, Rebecca, at host company Jaybro Group.
Find a Traineeship
MIGAS has 35 years of experience helping thousands of Australians become qualified and skilled employees in their field of choice.
View our Jobs Board for current traineeship opportunities.