Trade Sales Traineeship
Undertaking a Trade Sales Traineeship can provide the experience you need to break into the sales industry within trade-based businesses.
MIGAS traineeships are designed to provide broad exposure to every aspect of your future career. This includes maintaining client relationships, contacting potential leads, inputting customer data, and providing support to your sales manager.
Completing a Trade Sales Traineeship can lead to a number of roles within trade-based businesses. It is the best way to build the skills you need to succeed in sales and build a career as a local, regional or state sales manager.
A Trade Sales Traineeship typically takes 12 months to complete. The MIGAS team will facilitate your practical placement with one of our host employers.
Your host employer will provide on-the-job training, and MIGAS will offer support to obtain a nationally accredited qualification through a Registered Training Organisation.
A Day on the Job in Trade Sales
As a Trade Sales Trainee you will complete a range of tasks based on the requirements of your host company. These may include:
- Responding to inbound leads from potential clients, including sending emails, making calls and taking messages
- Doing original research to find potential clients that may be interested in the products you’re selling
- Assisting a Sales Manager in developing proposals, bills of quantities and service agreements
- Communicating client requirements and addressing the scope of those requests with other stakeholders
- Monitoring enquiries, meeting with customers, formatting documents and inputting client information
- Coordinating with suppliers and internal departments to make sure customer orders are fulfilled
Trade Sales Trainee Skill Requirements
The sorts of skills required in a trade sales traineeship include:
- Communication skills
- Learning and adaptability
- Attention to detail
- Time management skills
- Problem-solving skills
MIGAS Trade Sales Trainee, Mya completed her traineeship with a Certificate III in Retail with host company, BOC.
Find a Traineeship
MIGAS has 35 years of experience helping thousands of Australians become qualified and skilled employees in their field of choice.
View our Jobs Board for current traineeship opportunities.