Which Trade is Right For You?
Still trying to figure out what trade might interest you? Here's a quick overview of each area:
- Electrical - Work with power systems and electrical equipment.
- Metal and Engineering - Create and maintain metal structures and machinery.
- Automotive and Mechanical - Repair and maintain vehicles and mechanical systems.
- Construction - Build and renovate residential and commercial structures.
- Business Administration - Manage office tasks and business operations.
- Warehousing - Oversee storage, distribution, and logistics.
List of Apprentices and Trainees We Can Help With
We specialise in finding you a role in the following areas:
7 Steps to Become an Apprentice with MIGAS
- Apply Online (5-10 mins): Choose a role on our Jobs Board and apply.
- Phone Call (10 mins): We'll ring you if you might be right for the role.
- Online Check (10 mins): Complete our online aptitude tests.
- Video Interview (20 mins): If you pass the tests, we'll video call you for an interview.
- Employer Feedback (1-2 days): We'll talk to potential employers for you and arrange an interview.
- Site Visit (1 hour): Visit the workplace, meet the supervisor, and chat with the company.
- Medical Check (7 days): Complete a medical check while we do reference checks.
- Contract Signing (1 hour): Sign your apprenticeship contracts and meet your MIGAS Field Officer.
- Start Work (Day 1): Start your apprenticeship and earn while you learn.
Why start an apprenticeship?
An Australian apprenticeship is the first step to becoming a qualified tradesperson in Australia. Here's why you should become a tradie:
- High earning potential, with some trades offering six-figure salaries.
- Job security due to the constant demand for skilled tradespeople.
- Hands-on work that allows tradespeople to see the tangible results of their efforts.
- Fast career progression with opportunities for advancement and leadership roles.
- Opportunity to become your own boss and start your own business.
- Flexibility in working arrangements, including part-time or contract work.
- Job satisfaction and a sense of accomplishment derived from the tangible nature of the work.
- Variety in tasks, with opportunities to work on different projects and settings.
- Opportunities to travel within Australia and internationally.
- Environmental sustainability through involvement in installing and maintaining renewable energy systems.
- Tradespeople are responsible for building, maintaining, and repairing the physical infrastructure of our society, including homes, offices, roads, bridges, and utilities. Without them, our daily lives and the functioning of our cities and towns would be significantly impacted.
- Trades contribute significantly to the economy. They provide essential services, create jobs, and stimulate economic growth. Many tradespeople are self-employed or own small businesses, further contributing to local economies.