The single most important difference between applying for an apprenticeship through MIGAS, and applying directly with a company, is the ongoing mentorship and support provided to you by the MIGAS team.
Undertaking an apprenticeship is both challenging and rewarding, but it can also be a little daunting when you’re first starting out.
We’ll be by your side
We know that apprentices and trainees who are supported throughout their apprenticeship or traineeship are more likely to achieve completion, and enjoy the journey.
From day one of your apprenticeship you’ll be in close communication with your MIGAS Field Officer. Your Field Officer will be with you for the duration of your apprenticeship or traineeship to provide support including:
- Walking you through pre-employment training and induction so you know just what to expect from day one on-the-job.
- Ensuring you complete all the right paper work and meet your obligations to your host employer.
- Regular check-ins to provide guidance and advice about dealing with workplace issues and challenges.
- Helping to keep you on track with training commitments related to completing the technical qualification (off-the-job training).
- Support to address any personal or professional issues that may be an obstacle to completing your apprenticeship.